Oatmeal is a nutrient-dense cereal. This is a food considered healthy for its effects on the prevention of cardiovascular diseases, so it is essential in your daily diet.
The seeds of oats are rich in nutrients. They are consumed as a whole grain with benefits for humans, thanks to antioxidants such as avenanthramides (avns)
If you wonder what other beneficial effects oats have for you, the nutritionist Laura Romero from the Nutrest center explains.
1. Whole oats contain high amounts of valuable nutrients, such as soluble fiber (polysaccharides such as β-glucans), proteins, unsaturated fatty acids, B-complex vitamins and minerals such as phosphorus, iron, zinc, iodine, high concentrations of dietary fiber and other phytochemicals.
BENEFITS FOR YOUR HEALTH
2. Numerous studies have indicated the effectiveness of β-glucans in the prevention and reduction of various diseases such as cancer, insulin resistance, high cholesterol levels, coronary heart disease, liver damage, in addition to promoting the growth of the beneficial intestinal microbiota .
3. Avns have biological properties such as antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity.
4. Facilitates intestinal transit and prevents constipation. Insoluble fiber reduces bile acids and reduces their toxic capacity.
5. It has slow-absorbing carbohydrates, which allows a longer satiety effect and greater control of blood sugar levels.
6. Contains B vitamins, which are involved in the development and maintenance of the central nervous system.
7. It’s essential amino acids help stimulate the liver to produce more lecithin, this cleanses heavy compounds from the body.
8. The soluble fiber in oats benefits people with diabetes because it favors the digestion of starch, stabilizing sugar levels, especially after eating.
BENEFITS FOR YOUR BEAUTY
9. Serves as a remedy to relieve itchy skin. This is because dry, itchy skin contains high pH levels that oatmeal helps normalize, relieving discomfort and moisturizing the skin.
It also contains chemicals known as saponins that have intense cleansing properties, it is ideal as a mask or even to wash your face daily, especially if you have sensitive skin.
HOW TO MAKE AN OATMEAL MASK?
Mix whole oats with warm water until a paste forms and add a tablespoon of honey. Rub the paste over your face in circular motions to clean it. Honey also has antibacterial properties that help relieve dryness and inflammation.
Mix oatmeal, coconut oil, brown sugar, and warm water for a great scrub.
10. Oatmeal is great for removing impurities and dirt from the body and can also help reduce the appearance of dirt from the hair. Just apply a thin layer of ground oatmeal to your hair and brush to absorb excess oil. It also works to relieve an itchy scalp.
Oatmeal strengthens, nourishes and softens hair. Oatmeal is ideal for those who, having very fine hair, want to thicken it.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO CONSUME OATS?
The expert recommends including it in its natural or raw form in meals to take better advantage of its nutrients.
ANTI-CHOLESTEROL SMOOTHIE WITH OATS
2 tbsp oatmeal
1 glass of water
1 green or yellow apple Unsweetened
cinnamon powder, to taste
All the ingredients are mixed and it is taken first thing in the day.